Determine Your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)
This diagram shows the number of drinks required to bring your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) to a particular level In one hour.
How To Calculate Your BAC For One Hour Of Drinking
- Locate the line that corresponds to your body weight.
- From left to right, each square represents one drink.
- The first dark line to the right indicates a BAC of .04, which indicates impairment.
- The second dark line to the right indicates a BAC of .08, which is considered legal intoxication or "drunk" in most states.
To Calculate Your BAC Over A Longer Period Of Time
- Add the total amount of drinks consumed.
- From that total, subtract 1 drink for each hour of drinking. In other words, your body will burn off 1 drink per hour.
When drinking, consider that each of the following drinks contain the same amount of alcohol.